Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Why I Created This Blog

I have had many requests that I write down what I do to stay healthy. Since staying healthy involves one of my favorite things which is cooking, and baking, I thought it would be fun to create a blog about healthy eating my way.

Some of my favorite books are written by Sally Fallon. Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon is full of healthy recipes, and is also jam packed full of information on good health. A few years ago I decided to put my family on a health "diet" that I created from things that I have studied about good nutrition. While on this diet, we all lost weight since we were all at least somewhat overweight, and began to feel healthier than ever before. I created this "diet" before I even knew that there was a book out by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig called "Eat Fat, Lose Fat" When I read the book, I knew from all my studies that she was spot on!! :o)

The goal of this blog is to give you some healthy good tasting options for everyday eating. We use almost all organic foods, whether raised on our small farm, bought at the farmer's market, through a Co-op, or in the grocery store. (My least favorite being from the grocery store.)

I grind my own organic flour to be sure that it is the freshest it can be. I use eggs from our healthy Organic fed hens who eat grass and fresh herbs in the summer, and along with their Organic layer pellets in the winter are given all organic: Coconut, Pumpkin seeds, Sunflower seeds, Flax seeds, Millet, Kelp, raw Apple Cider Vinegar in their water, and various herbs for good health in a heated (42 degree) chicken "palace." :o) I buy grass fed butter, and use raw milk and cream. I also use a lot of Organic Coconut oil for cooking and baking, along with Olive oil. We raise our own chickens for eating, and use only meats from animals that have been raised without antibiotics and hormones. This is NOT a low fat diet. This is just a sensible wonderful tasting diet. I do not have hunger pangs while on this diet, even though I have reduced the amount of food I eat to sensible proportions, and Coconut oil, whether I am using Coconut oil that tastes like Coconut, or the old fashioned expeller pressed coconut that doesn't taste like Coconut, is the main reason why I do not experience hunger.

Any nutritional information that you will find on this blog is not intended to replace your physician, and if you have a medical condition, I highly recommend that you consult your doctor. While I may mention different herbs, or foods that I use to maintain my own good health, or quotes from different sites about various items, you may or may not have the same results, and I recommend that you check with your doctor before changing your diet in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment